Schools, Fort Mill, SC
Springfield is currently served by the Fort Mill-York 4 School District (FMSD). FMSD consistently earns grades of “Excellent” on state report cards, and all of the schools serving Springfield consistently earn grades of "Excellent" or "Good." In addition, FMSD's 2008 accountability scores were an average of 17% higher than the state average - scores overall were around 90% across all subject areas, and were even higher in Math and English.
The following public schools currently serve residents of Springfield:
- Fort Mill Elementary School (Grades K - 5)
- Fort Mill Middle School (Grades 6-8)
- Nation Ford High School (Grades 9-12) (1 mile from Springfield)
- Alternative K-12 Options
South Carolina offers the following "Public School Choice Programs:" Single-Gender, Middle College, Montessori, International Baccalaureate, Arts in Basic Curriculum, Environmental Education and Outdoor Education. These programs may be found as charter or magnet schools options, or schools-within-schools. For information on available choice programs, visit South Carolina Department of Education's website.
In addition to traditional public schools and public school choice programs, several private schools are within 10 miles of Springfield.
- Freedom Montessori School , Rock Hill (Pre-Primary and Elementary Education) (803) 327-7885
- Shield of Faith Christian Academy, Rock Hill (All Male, PreK - 12) (803) 328-3000
- Trinity Christian School, Rock Hill (PK - 12) (803) 366-3121
- Ultimate Life Christian Academy, Fort Mill (K-12) (803) 802-2642
- Westminster Catawba Christian School, Rock Hill (PreK - 12) (803) 366-4119
Continuing Education & Higher Learning
Several community colleges and universities in the area offer continuing education programs, as well as degree and certificate programs.
- Central Piedmont Community College - With half a dozen campuses in and around Charlotte and a variety of programs, CPCC serves the entire community.
- Davidson College - An independent liberal arts college serving 1700 students.
- Johnson C. Smith University - offering degrees in arts, letters, professional studies, science, technology, engineering and math. JCSU also has continuing and cooperative education programs.
- Queens University - a private masters level university with a liberal arts and professional studies focus. Serving 2,300 undergraduate students.
- University of North Carolina - Charlotte - Nearly 18,000 undergraduate students in 10 colleges are currently enrolled in this North Carolina public university.
- Winthrop University (Rock Hill, SC) - With 41 undergraduate and 24 graduate degree programs, this public coeducational school has a total enrollment of over 600 students.
- York Technical College (Rock Hill, SC) - A public two-year institution awarding associate degrees, certificates and diplomas in vocational, technical and occupational studies. University transfer studies are also available.
* Neither Springfield nor Crescent Communities make any claim as to the quality of service provided by the named vendors. This list of known service providers is presented to owners and potential owners of property strictly for the purpose of convenience to our customers. Exclusion of any additional providers not known is unintentional.